Tuesday, September 23, 2014

One Last Frozen Treat


I realize summer is over, but I could not leave summer behind with out doing at least one post about ice-cream, plus I have sore throat today and something cool is very appealing. Before I gave up dairy I used to love ice-cream, and although there are plenty of good non-dairy options out there nowadays most of them cost a pretty penny. Now I don't mind the expense for a rare treat but with as much as I like the brands I tried it became clear that my wallet was going to suffer.

Then there is the Bumper, since becoming a mom I have become more and more aware of the food I put into my body. Little eyes are watching and I need to set a good example right? Right. Enter frozen banana soft serve. Once I made it for myself I had another "duh" moment like with chickpea salad. Not only is this dessert ridiculously easy to make, it is good for your and tastes fabulous! The Bumper even requests it to have when we have our picnic lunch days. Most often I serve it plain, but sometimes I add strawberries, peaches,  blueberries, cocoa, or peanut butter. All are fantastic! The one pictured above is made with blueberries, and peanut butter.

1-2 cups frozen bananas
1/8th -1/4 cup non-dairy milk of choice
1-2 cups frozen blueberries (optional)
1Tbs peanut butter (optional)
1/4 tsp salt
1tsp vanilla

Put the above in a blender and mix until creamy.
P.S. I promise I will post Autumn type desserts tommorrow


Happy Eating!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment