Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Keep it Cool


Ready to Go!
When the weather outside is hot and humid, like it has been the past few days as summer sends its last salvo, even the thought of cooking a hot hearty breakfast makes my stomach turn. Smoothies to the rescue. I like that smoothies are fast and easy, and with the abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables this time of year the possibilities are endless. This morning I made the Bumper's favorite smoothie: Banana-Blueberry . The smoothie is super easy to make and you can't taste the Kale -- which is a bonus when you are trying to get a suddenly picky toddler to eat her leafy greens!

1-2 cups of Kale  (2-4 large leaves washed and stems removed)
1/2 cup non-dairy milk of choice -- I used Vanilla Almond Milk
1Tbs Almond Butter
1Tbs Ground Flax
1 -2 Bananas
2 Cups Frozen Blueberries

The Smoothie tastes way better than it looks
Put everything into the blender and blend until smooth. I like my smoothies on the thick side so I tend to use less milk. Enjoy!

Kim


P.S. Tomorrow I will be casting on the chain for Nana's scarf.
P.P. S What vegan smoothie do you like?

The Bumper liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment