Monday, September 22, 2014

Muffins- Need I Say More?

Okay this is the week I have been waiting for all month: Dessert Week. I am not ashamed to admit that I love desserts and part of the fun of cooking is getting to veganize my favorites and trying out new recipes. Yesterday was the first day of Autumn and in celebration I used the last of the giant zucchini from the garden to make zucchini-banana muffins.

 The Bumper professes to despise all things zucchini, she was disappointed the first time she bit into a raw one because she was expecting cucumber, and she hasn't forgiven the squash, so I was a little nervous making this. After all as yummy as muffins are, I can not eat 24 of them all by my self. My worry was for naught. The Bumper liked the muffins so much she ate four of them in a row!
I used this recipe:http://www.theppk.com/2013/07/zucchini-banana-bread/ from Post Punk Kitchen.
I tweaked it a little by doubling it, using 1/2 cup of sugar (I think maple syrup or agave would work just as well), substituting the allspice for nutmeg and adding 1/2tsp of ginger.

I hope you like them as much as the Bumper!

Happy Eating
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment