Monday, June 24, 2013

Weekend Reflections

This weekend I took the Bumper to visit her dad at the hospital. It was a sobering visit. She barely recognized him and he recognized her, but could barely speak. Once she got her courage back, she started chatting merrily to him. The Bumper told her dad all about the kittens, planting the garden, and building a tower of rocks in the hospital courtyard. Then she turned to me and asked if Daddy was sick, to which I replied that he was and with all the seriousness that a two and half year old can muster, she told me to go home so we could get her medicine from her doctor and make her daddy better. Ah, the faith of a child!

For me the visit was quite a shock, I knew he was ill but I did not really understand how badly. I now know. I am still trying to processes this. All I can think, is that none of us know how much time we are given and every day is precious (all the more important to remember today when the Bumper has made more messes than I can clean and completely frazzled my nerves).

A friend sent me this verse: "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength  is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9.

Very appropriate and very timely, as I try to repay hurt with kindness.

Blessings

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment