Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Meatless Monday and other Musings





Meatless Monday

Hmm! I didn't even know there was such a thing, but since I am trying to give my daughter a better example this is what our Meatless Monday looks like:

Breakfast - Oatmeal with rasberries, blueberries, and soymilk.
Lunch- Peanut Butter & Jelly, carrots and peaches.
Supper- either Spinach with diced tomatoes and curried chick peas or lentils, rice and broccoli

When in stress I bake, and over the weekend my stress meter went through the roof.
I was once again in contact with the hospital caring for the Bumper's Dad. They informed me they would be sending him to rehabilitation. Ok fine. A few blocks from my mom's house. Not fine.
I freaked. I barely even heard the nurse tell me how all the doctors agreed it would be better for his recovery if he were near family. When I finally calmed down, I realized he does have other family here, his Dad is here, his grandmother, aunts and uncles. The doctors were not intentionally trying to make my life difficult, they were trying to look after the best interest of their patient. I had to take a deep breath and realize that right now the Bumper's  Dad is not in a position to harm me, I could choose to be mean- spirited or I could put aside my grievences and help out. I have chosen the latter because it is not in the Bumper's best intrest for me to refuse. That being decided, I was stressed out so I broke out the recipies and started cooking. I made snikerdoodles, hot chocolate snickerdoodles, banana "ice-cream" and blue-berry jam. When I was done I felt a lot better. My waistline on the other hand? Well, that is a different story. Any body need two dozen vegan snicker doodles?

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment