Thursday, June 27, 2013

Feeling Grateful



The other night a friend drove me home and said, "Oh what a lovely big house you live in, it must be so nice for you and your little girl." This comment took me by surprise since I am not used to thinking of my mother's house as particularity big, it is a typical (for this part of the country) three bed room rancher. It has "only" one bathroom and sometimes doesn't seem large enough to accommodate an extremely active Bumper, it's just Nana's house. My friend's comment made me think. I have been taking a lot of things for granted lately. The house is just one among many. I have a lot to be grateful for, so here is a list of some of the every day things I am thankful for and often take for granted.

1. A good, strong, warm, safe, dry house to live in.
2. Plenty of food to eat.
3. Clean water to drink, cook, and bathe in.
4. A soft bed to sleep in.
5. Solid, well kept, clothes to wear.
6. A healthy child.
8. Friends.
9. A loving and supportive family.
10. Faith.

I am humbled as I write this, because there are many people in the world, and in this country who do not have access to these things. I am grateful and blessed.

Blessings,

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment