Thursday, October 9, 2014

What I Have Been Up To

After blogging about vegan food for a whole month I now feel kind of at a loss. I don't really consider myself a food blogger per say, but I do blog about food. Without that focus I find myself wanting to talk about not only food but writing, daily life with the Bumper, progress with learning to knit, crochet, sew and cook from scratch, and so many other things that I hardly know where to begin.
All of September I made the effort to cook, eat and blog vegan. I learned that it was far more easy than I thought it was going to be. As long as I thought vegetable centric in my meal planning I made vegan meals without much trouble, so I have decided to give it another go for the next month. I won't be only posting about food, but the recipes I do post for the month of October will be vegan. Look for them on Meatless Mondays.

The Bumper, Nana and I  have been been sick for the last couple of weeks. We are playing round robin with a couple of viruses, just sort of passing them back and forth. Any suggestions on how to break the cycle are welcome. Last night we took a trip to the local Emergency Room because the Bumper had spiked a fever of 103F.

 The Bumper is taking swimming lessons which means she (and I) have passed a milestone. She is out of diapers and firmly left babyhood behind. The Bumper proudly tells anyone who will listen that she is a big girl. Her next step will be to sit still in Sunday service. When we go to Mass with Nana it is a little easier because it only last for an hour. When we go to the Mennonite church things get a little dicey. Last time she made it through all of the opening songs, the devotional message and part of the main message before she gave in to her wiggles and just could not pay attention any more. All in all she was able to stay for an hour and forty-five minuets. Home training is the most important part of this and that is where  I struggle. The only time the Bumper sits still during the day is for bedtime stories. I am trying to get her to have a quiet time during the day where she sits and draws or looks at a picture book or puts together a puzzle, but so far she resisted unless she asks for it.
I thinking of sending her to our local Church school, but that will take some prayer, faith and figuring out how to finance it all.
I have finished crochet one baby hat and nearly finished with another. The sock is becoming an albatross, but I am determined to finish it. I haven't sewn anything in awhile but now that the Bumper is back in school I have a little more time to work on such things. Nana's scarf has been cast on, and I will be picking up the yarn for my sister's scarf very soon. I have a lot of projects on the needles, and I am excited by them all. The Bumper has requested I crochet her a purple hat and mittens for her birthday so my next few projects are all lined up.
My book that is out on Kindle has finally started to earn royalties this month. It was a very small check, but a check nonetheless and one I earned from fiction writing to boot! I am quite proud and it put a much needed jolt into the desire to make a living from my writing.
Whew! Now I am all caught up in time for the weekend.
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment