Thursday, October 23, 2014

It's Begining To Look A Lot Like Autumn




It starting creeping in little by little: a few apples here, a pumpkin or two there, and finally this week a scavenger hunt at the Bumper's school yielded a bag full of pine-cones, acorns, and brightly colored leaves. The days have been cool and damp and the nights appropriately chilly. Now is the time when I start making soups, stews, and fresh bread. I love this time of year since I am a comfort food cook.

A couple of days ago the Bumper and I took a trip to our local farmers market. The Bumper took an unexpected nap that day,so we made it there just as the doors were closing. I took the chance to pick up some wonderfully homemade pecan bars, but now I want to figure out  how to veganize them without losing any of the flavors.
The progress on projects is slow but steady. I actually got to the chance to write on the novel during the Bumper's nap, I was so happy I didn't quite know what to do. Nana is eagerly waiting for her scarf to be finished. In the next day or so it should be done. The sock? Well, that is a different story; I switched to smaller DPN's which makes for faster knitting, but is a little harder on the eyes. I am still enjoying the knitting, but I mist admit to being impatient with getting it done. I want my socks finished now! I have consoled myself with the promise of working up Attic 24's granny stripe (http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/granny-stripe.html) blanket this winter as a reward while I work on the novel.  Maybe a stripe for every chapter I finish?
I think I am a glutton for punishment.

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment