Monday, September 16, 2013

Meatless Monday

Cinnamon

Chocolate

I am totally in love with vegan baking. My favorite item so far are Snicker Doodles. Okay this does not come under the realm of health food, but as a fun way to spend a couple of hours with the Bumper it can't be beat.  Cooking is become a family activity and I could not be happier. The Bumper loves to help cut up raw cucumber, tomatoes and carrots (by this I mean eat the pieces I cut up when I have my back turned-- the last time I made carrots she ate them so fast I had to peel and cut two extra just to steam them.), she thinks mixing cake, muffins and cookies is better than playing with Play-Doh.  Having her participate makes our mealtimes go so much more smoothly because she is almost guaranteed to eat what she helped prepare. So tonight I am going to see if she will be interested in helping me make the spinach chickpeas and pasta which is my quick go to for a week night supper.

Blessings,

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment