Right now this is what is on my reading list:
1. The Bible - always, so I am only going to mention it this once.
2. Where God Was Born: A Daring Adventure Through The Bible's Greatest Stories by Bruce Feiler - I am enjoying this one and finding it eerily relevant given current events in Israel.
3. Knitting Rules by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee - I bought this thinking it would be a book of patterns to teach me to knit. What I found was a laugh out loud look ( with some patterns thrown in) at knitters and their peculiarities.
4. How to be Vegan by Elizabeth Castoria - A nifty practical book that dispels the myth that vegans live off of iceberg lettuce and hothouse tomatoes.
5. The Alphabet Versus the Goddess: The Conflict Between Word and Image by Leonard Shlain - I just finished this one. A fascinating and in-depth look at the rise of the written word and the connection with patriarchy. Not light reading. It took me several weeks to complete.
6. The Sleep Book by Dr. Suess - The Bumper's current bedtime favorite. I think I have it memorized!
So what are you reading this week?