Thursday, February 6, 2014

The After Party





Snow Angel

 The Superbowl (U.S. Football) and Groundhog Day are long since over. For weeks we in States have been eargly looking forward to these bright spots in the winter blah's -- and in the case of Groundhog day the hope that Spring would arrive early. Well the party snacks have all been consumed and the mess cleaned up. The teams played, one won and one lost. The groundhog saw his shadow so apparentlywe have six more weeks of winter. Oh joy. So now what? Do I give into my natural inclination to hibernate until spring? As much as I would love to do that, I don't think the Bumper would apprieciate her mama sleeping for the next couple of months. So I have decided to rekindle my interest in baking, and to redouble my efforts to meet my goals for the new year.

Yummy!


On the baking front I have been experimenting with more vegan recipes including a lentil casserole, applesauce cake and banana-carrot-blueberry cake. While those three turned out wonderfully, the almond butter bars went on the walk of shame and into the compost! Blech!

I have been working on my next novel and I am quite excited about it, as I am finally starting to get a feel for the characters.
Slowly but surely

My crochet is coming along quite slowly. The Bumper wants me to make a blanket for her doll cradle and I am more than happy to oblige, but I would be making a lot more progress if she would stop unraveling it every chance she gets.
Such cheerful cloth!

One of my goals for this year is to learn how to sew, so last weekend I bought a mother daughter apron pattern and the Bumper's Nana proceeded to show me how to iron cloth and cut out a pattern, hopefully next weekend I will get to use the machine! I am excited and so is the Bumper. She can hardly wait to have an apron of her very own.

All of these activites help to keep me busy and not to dwell too much on the might have beens and grief. I am present in each of these projects and they keep me present for the Bumper.
Blessings,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment