Saturday, May 14, 2011

A little late

It has been over a week since US forces killed Osama Bin Laden. It took me a little over a week to decide how I felt. Conflicted is the best word I can come up with. At first I was shocked: after all this time they finally got him! Then I was sorrowful. Let me be clear:I am not sorry his particular reign of terror is at an end. I am sorry he was the cause of so many deaths both in the US on 9/11 and afterwards. Christ taught us to love our enemies. Christ taught us to forgive. Christ also taught us that sin will be punished and the wages of sin is death.  All this past week I have been praying for the victims of 9/11, their families, the victims of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the soldiers and their families. Osama Bin Laden's death will not bring back those who were lost, but perhaps it will bring some closure.

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment