Thursday, May 5, 2011

Just Thinking - The Three P's

Patience, Practice and Perseverance. I am just learning to crochet. My February goal was to knit a granny square. The picture shows how far I've gotten. So far it looks more like an octagon than a square.*grin*  I hope I will soon be able to post a picture of a competed square.
Yet it occurs to me that the tree P's can be put to use in every area of my life.

When Matt and I decided I would stay home with the bumper, I really had no idea what I would be getting into.
How hard could keeping house be? Just do the chores and go along my merry way.  I thought I would have plenty of time for writing, and all the crafts I have been longing to try. Well the bumper has proven to be a lot of work. I am on 24/7. It is hard work with a capital W! I am learning to be patient with myself and with the bumper, especially on days when my nerves are frazzled. I am practicing the skills I need to be a better homemaker. Some days I feel like need to take a cleaning 101 course!  I am persevering in changing my attitude. I am actively looking for the joys and blessings of the everyday. I have to remind myself that no matter how seemingly dull, boring, or unimportant., even the smallest thing when done with a grateful heart is pleasing  to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment