Saturday, July 4, 2015

America the Beautiful



Today is July 4th, Independence Day, and this year we are spending it with friends at an out door picnic followed by sparklers. While I love a rousing rendition of the 1812 overture complete with canon fire, flag waving and fireworks; today I also want to celebrate our National Parks. Our National Parks are one of the this which make the United States great. I am fortunate enough to live only 30 minutes from the Assateague Island National Seashore. It is a refuge for birds, deer, and wild ponies. At various times I have seen Great Blue Heron's White Cattle Egrets, and once even a Glossy Billed Ibis. I am thankful such place exist and are protected for the future. Someone once said civilizations rise and fall, people come and go but the land endures.
Happy Fourth of July!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment