Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Tidbits of an Ordinary Day

It is such a relief to finally start feeling better! I volunteered at the Bumper's school this morning, I made sure to have a cup of coffee before hand. A group of twelve four year old has a LOT of energy and I needed to fortify myself. I really do enjoy volunteering, but I can only take so much. There is a reason after all that I am not a pre-school teacher. They did a unit on dinosaurs. There was lots painting, coloring, and building going on. The children were all energetic and very happy. I think it takes a special kind of person to deal with that many small children on a daily basis. I have nothing but respect for teachers.

After my stint at the pre-school this morning I came home to finish up some house work and maybe get a little crafting and writing done. Having a project or two or three on the hop keeps me very satisfied and creatively happy. It took me a long time to realize this, but if I don't have something to work on I get frustrated irritable and depressed. I finished the third baby hat and started the fourth. Hopefully  I will be able to mail them all out in a couple of weeks.

The day was warm enough for the Bumper to spend some extra time playing outside with her friends from school. I didn't mind, after being in bed for a week and a half I enjoyed the fresh air as much as  she did. Spring is fickle, so I try to take advantage of every opportunity to be outdoors.

We are half-way through Holy Week and headed for my favorite holiday: Easter. This year we are having some friends over and I am going to try my hand at making hot cross buns.
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment