Sunday, June 10, 2012

Shenendoah Fiber Festival

Shh-- I have a guilty secret, which I will reveal at the end of this post. Last Fall my mother and I took the Bumper to the Shenandoah Fiber Festival. We has so much fun! I thoroughly enjoyed looking at all the pretty dyed woolens (alpaca, goat and sheep). So many wonderful colors:
 Those deep blues and purples make me feel calm and relaxed and they do my heart good.

These yarns were dyed using all natural plant material. I got see the whole process from vats of fleece to spinning, dyeing and final product. I went quite gaga and drooly over the whole thing. The Bumper liked looking at the animals, she thought the two-humped camel was especially funny.



My Mom enjoyed her granddaughter.

My guilty secret?
 I have totally fallen in love with crochet! Bring on the crafty, yarn goodness!!

I am making the Bumper a crochet Christmas stocking which I will reveal soon.
Lots of love and God Bless.
Kim

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could crochet! I need someone to teach me who is patient. :P I came to your blog via Domestic Felicity's blog comment on 6/10. I was shocked you trained your daughter to do chores already so I had to check your blog out! I have a 19 m.o. and I am working on him.

    God bless!

    http://future-and-hope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I popped on over after reading your comment at Attic24. I'm not sure if anyone answered your question already, but cordial is a fruity sugar syrup which is then mixed with water. Most commonly given to children instead of carbonated drinks.
    Wow it looks like that yarn fest was lots of fun and informative too.
    xXx Helen

    ReplyDelete